Property Insurance

Freeman for your property

Everyone wants a place that feels like home. Make sure that place is safe and secure for you and your family by taking necessary steps to ensure you are protected. We offer insurance plans for homeowners, condominiums, and tenants. 

Get an Instant Estimate

Basic home insurance covers damage to the actual house structure.

  • Home insurance can be expanded to cover detached structures such as sheds or garages, as well as the contents of your home in the event of fire, theft, vandalism, or weather-related damage.
  • You can also protect yourself with liability coverage in the event that someone is hurt on your property.

Why you need Home Insurance:

  • A home is a big investment. If it is damaged or destroyed, you will need to repair or replace your home and its contents. Most of us cannot afford that cost on our own. Home insurance offers you financial security in the event of disaster.
  • Many banks and lenders require proof of home insurance prior to lending you any money to buy a home.
  • If someone is hurt on your property and decides to file a lawsuit against you, you may find yourself financially responsible and unable to pay.

What you need to know:

  • Your home insurance will be unique to you and your home. Size, age, and location are some of the factors that will affect your home insurance policy.
  • If you are a first time homebuyer, or even an experienced homeowner, the process of purchasing a home and deciding what insurance coverage is right for you can be confusing and stressful. Let us take that weight off your shoulders. Our brokers have the experience to build a policy for your home that will be right for you and your budget and the customer service skills to explain it all to you so you know exactly what you’re purchasing and how you are covered.

Covers you for your individual unit and personal belongings.

  • While the condominium association insures the building and common areas, that coverage stops at your unit.
  • You need your own insurance to cover your unit and personal belongings in case of damage or theft,  and to protect yourself in the event someone is hurt on your property.

Why you need Condo Insurance:

  • If you own a condominium unit, you must ensure that your unit and possessions are covered.
  • Condo Insurance can also cover any renovations or upgrades you have done in your own unit.
  • Condo insurance protects you in the event that someone is hurt on your property and files a lawsuit against you.

What you need to know:

  • Condo insurance is unique because you must ensure that you are covered for damages to your unit, as well as damages to other units if that damage originated in your unit.
  • While your condominium corporation will have insurance to cover the structure of the building and the common areas, it may not be sufficient coverage in the event of major damage, or the damage may exceed the policies liability coverage limit.  In this case, you and the other condo owners may be held legally responsible.
  • For added protection you may want Loss Assessment Coverage and Liability Loss Assessment Coverage.  Let our brokers help you determine the amount of coverage that is right for you.

Basic tenant insurance covers you for the loss of your possessions

  • If you rent an apartment, a condo, or a house, you should have tenants insurance.
  • Tenant insurance covers your apartment contents, as well as providing liability coverage for damage to another unit that originated in your apartment.

Why you need Tenant Insurance:

  • If you are renting and your valuables are lost due to theft or damage, your tenant policy may cover the cost to replace your possessions.
  • If your rental home is damaged due to fire or water damage you may not be able to stay there during repairs.  Your policy can help cover these additional costs.
  • You may need to cover legal fees is someone is injured on your property.

What you need to know:

  • There are many options available to you for tenants insurance.  Your policy should be unique to you and your needs.
  • You may want to be covered for all risks or only certain risks such as fire or flood.
  • You may want coverage for the actual cost value of your possessions or the cost to replace your possessions.
  • Let our brokers help you decide what kind of coverage will be best for you.